Posts for tag: Invisalign
Are you considering straightening your teeth with orthodontic treatment? Invisalign, an orthodontic system used by your dentist, Dr. Aliya Khan of Moorestown Smile Center in Moorestown, NJ, offers a discreet way to realign your smile—read on to learn what this treatment can do for you!
Invisalign Can Help You Enhance Your Smile
Invisalign is an innovative orthodontic system that uses removable aligner trays to change the position of your teeth. The trays are custom-made for your mouth and realign your teeth by exerting constant, yet gentle, pressure upon them. This gentle pressure gradually realigns your smile, improving your appearance over time.
You'll receive a series of aligner trays when you begin your orthodontic treatment. Each tray is worn for about two weeks before being swapped for the next aligner in the series.
Benefits of the Invisalign system include:
- A Straighter Smile: Is smiling a rare occurrence in your life due to concerns about your crooked teeth? Invisalign treatment straightens teeth and corrects the spacing issues that adversely affect your appearance.
- No Drastic Changes to Your Appearance: Aligner trays are clear and custom-fitted to your teeth so as to ensure that they don't draw unwanted attention to your teeth.
- Correction of Bite Problems: Invisalign is an excellent option if you have a mild-to-moderate bite problem, such as an underbite, overbite, crossbite, or open bite. Bite problems don't just affect your appearance, but they may also cause chewing or speech difficulties, lacerations, headaches, jaw stiffness, or temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ).
- Ease of Use: With Invisalign, you won't need to make any changes to your normal routines—you can continue to eat all of your favorite foods and won't have to learn any complicated new oral hygiene regimens. During treatment, you'll remove your trays before you eat, brush, or floss, rinsing them out and putting them back in your mouth when you've finished.
Interested? Give Your Moorestown Dentist a Call!
Straighten your smile with Invisalign! Call Dr. Aliya Khan of Moorestown Smile Center today at (856) 638-5266 to schedule your appointment.
If you are interested in straightening your smile, but would rather live with your smile than wear traditional metal brackets and wires, you can benefit from Invisalign. This revolutionary orthodontic treatment can help the same issues as traditional braces, but its design allows your treatment to be virtually invisible to those around you. Find out more about Invisalign with Dr. Aliya Khan at Moorestown Smile Center in Moorestown, NJ.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment which straightens the teeth and corrects bite issues to give you a functional, beautiful smile. Rather than using traditional metal brackets and wires, Invisalign’s design uses clear plastic trays which, while worn in the mouth, straighten the teeth and correct the bite using gentle but steady pressure on the teeth. Invisalign treats the same issues as traditional braces, such as:
- misaligned teeth
- uneven teeth
- open bite
The Benefits of Invisalign
- Removable: Invisalign’s design allows patients to easily insert and remove the trays throughout the day. Patients will remove their trays to eat or brush their teeth, rinse the trays with water, then place them back into the mouth when they finish. This allows patients to eat the foods they like and perform their daily oral care routine without any special tools.
- Subtle: Invisalign’s clear plastic trays are specially made for your mouth and fit exactly over your teeth. Combined with the clear materials, Invisalign is virtually invisible to those around you.
- Easy to Use: Invisalign does not require any special treatment or care. It simply pops in and out of your mouth. You can clean Invisalign by rinsing it with water before re-inserting it into your mouth. Additionally, the Invisalign treatment process is simple. Patients simply replace their trays with the next tray in their series every two weeks.
Invisalign Treatment in Moorestown, NJ
If you think you could benefit from Invisalign or orthodontic treatment in general, consulting with our dentist can ensure that this is the best course of treatment for you. For more information on Invisalign, please contact Dr. Aliya Khan at Moorestown Smile Center in Moorestown, NJ. Call (856) 638-5266 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Khan today!
Find out how you can achieve the perfect smile without wearing metal braces.
You’ve already decided that the gap between your two front teeth has to go. You also don’t like the bit of crowding happening to your lower teeth. Of course, it seemed normal to get braces as a child but as an adult, the idea seems less than thrilling. Luckily, our Moorestown, NJ, dentist is making it easier for older teens and adults to fix their crooked or uneven smiles without the need for metal braces.
Through a unique orthodontic system called Invisalign. Invisalign’s advanced set of clear, plastic aligners is custom designed to fit over your upper or lower teeth to shift teeth into their ideal position.
Before you get Invisalign, our Moorestown dentist will use a computer to map out what teeth will be moved and how much they will move during the course of your treatment. This information is sent to a lab where they will make a series of different aligners that will help you achieve that straighter smile.
Who is right for Invisalign?
Invisalign is a great option for teens and adults who are dealing with:
- Gaps between teeth
- Overlapping or crowding
- Cross bites
- Open bites
While it’s true that Invisalign isn’t right for everyone, this orthodontic treatment is able to correct a lot of mild to severe dental problems. Of course, for more sophisticated, complex tooth movements or situations in which the jaw also needs to be repositioned, traditional braces will be able to provide better results than Invisalign.
Invisalign allows older patients the freedom to finally get a straighter smile without having to sport metal on their teeth. Since Invisalign aligners are removable, wearers can enjoy eating all their favorite foods while undergoing treatment. Invisalign fits into most people’s lifestyles, making it a great way to get the smile you’ve always wanted. It’s never too late!
If you are finally ready to get the ideal smile then let Dr. Aliya Khan at Moorestown Smile Center in Moorestown, NJ, help. Call us today to schedule a no-risk consultation, and find out if Invisalign is right for you.